Friday 5 October 2012

Trio of Organizing Tips... With a Confession Thrown In

Wow have I been busy today!!
I have been flying around in a whirlwind of glitter, paint, glue and clippings and managed to complete a few half finished projects. The munchkins have been joining in this afternoon too so I kinda feel a bit like a fairy at the bottom of a recycling bin sat in my craft room at the moment. But still I'm sat with a smile on my face - mess is usually a sign of a REALLY fun day in our house :)

So a quick post on the tidy up tips I promised the other night before I set to tidying up before enjoying a nice glass of wine :)

First up...

My AMAZING new fabric hanger that hubby has made for me which stretches across one side of the room. Made from some old gazebo poles that we had in the garage which has taken my fabric hoard from this...


Yes that's right, totally uninspiring floor to ceiling stack of big Ikea bags!!!
To this...

(much more inspiring)

Next...
My tissue paper hanger. Made using some curtain tape stapled to a piece of wood which hubby has kindly screwed up above my desk so I can hang the tissue paper using plastic wallets and curtain hooks...



And finally...
Confession time...
Okay here goes. So you know when you're decorating and you go to home improvement stores and come home with wallpaper samples to stick up and see which looks best??? yeah everyone does that, right??? Well here's my confession, I'm addicted to collecting wallpaper samples. Not when I'm redecorating, oh no, ALL THE TIME!!! I'm sure the staff at our local Wilkinsons must think I have an OCD for redecorating or something. Every time we go in there I casually collect a sample from all of the new lines and leave with a great roll of samples tucked under my arm hehe As soon as hubby sees me moving towards the decorating section he runs and hides in the tool section hehe

Until now all my samples have been rolled up together in a cupboard and every time I want to use one I have to unroll the whole lot to find what I'm looking for. But now I have an awesome wallpaper sample hanger on the back of my door, which, yes you guessed it, hubby has also put up for me hehe So now I can just flick through them and pull off the one I need :)


Made from a ring-binder insert screwed to a plank of wood :)


Okay so i don't expect anyone else to need a wallpaper sample hanger but I suppose it could be used for other types of paper too :)
I daren't tell hubby that I need another one putting up to hang the rest of my collection haha


No comments:

Post a Comment