Tuesday 9 October 2012

Shhh!! I'm going to let you in on a family secret...

... My late Uncle Ians' Traditional Yorkshire Parkin recipe!!!!


Ingredients                                

6oz Margarine
6oz Sugar
6oz Golden Syrup
200g Condensed Milk
6oz S/R Flour
6oz Medium Oatmeal
3tsp Ginger
Pinch Salt
3 Eggs


Directions

1. Melt margarine, sugar, syrup and condensed milk over moderate heat (or in the microwave)
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Beat eggs together in a jug.
4. Pour melted liquid into dry mix. Stir well.
5. Beat in the eggs.
6. Pour mixture into lined cake tin.
7. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, Gas mark 3

As a little girl my entire family used to get so excited at this time of year. As bonfire night approached it also meant present time from my Great Uncle Ian - in the form of good ol' Yorkshire Parkin. If there's one thing us Yorkshire folk are good at it's defo parkin hehe mmmmmmm yummy!!
This what Mini King and I have been baking today whilst Little King was at school. It's best made a good few weeks before needed to allow it time to get nice and sticky. If you are as inpatient (and greedy) as I am double up the mixture so you can make two - one for now and one to save. Yum Yum

Let me know how yours turns out :) 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment